Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers turn 20!


It's MORPHIN TIME!



I can’t believe it’s been 20 years since Mighty Morphin Power Rangers was unleashed on the world.  I was 9 when five “teenagers with attitude” changed my afternoons.  I remember thinking that I couldn’t tell anyone that I liked this show because it was so corny (even for 1993 standards) but I couldn’t pass up on the notion of seeing live action Voltron! Little did I know that this show would take off and would remain a huge topic of discussion at school every day.  Especially during the Green Ranger saga!  I hung on to Power Rangers longer than I expected due to my younger brother, but once the originals left the show it lost its appeal.


The greatest (or worst) feature of Power Rangers is their ever revolving cast and non-linear story arcs which have allowed the Power Rangers universe to live on and prosper.  Thanks to Netflix showing all of the previous Power Rangers’ my kids have now become addicted and with Nickelodeon premiering newer episodes, I can’t get away from those “teenagers with attitude!”
Ay, yi, yi Rangers! Congrats on the 20 years

GO GO POWER RANGERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...