Thursday, March 29, 2012

Are you crying?

*This article may contain minor spoilers such as credits roll at the end.

“Are you crying? There’s no crying in baseball…” is one of my favorite movie quotes ever because it can be used in almost every situation. And I can’t think of a better situation right now than the one BioWare is currently facing; there has been a huge uproar about the ending(s) to Mass Effect 3.  And when I say huge uproar I do mean a Reaper sized heaping of bitching and moaning, demanding a “brighter” ending.  Check out Bioware’s official siteor the fan created pages created on Facebook.  Now I’m all for voicing ones opinion, as it is our Constitutional Right, but I think this is a ridiculous!  I wasn’t enamored with the ending myself, but demanding the developers to redo the ending is, well…that isht cray! 

That's my ending!

This ain’t Burger King and you can’t have it your way.  Would I have liked to have the ending more fleshed out showing how my decisions through the 3 games have shaped the galaxy? Well of course!  But that doesn’t mean I’ll cry about it not going my way.  But I guess my rant is moot anyway because BioWare co-founder Ray Muzyka just announced that they would be “revisiting” the ending in the near future.  I really respect the path that BioWare is taking appeasing its fans this way, but I just hope this doesn’t set an unfortunate precedent.

All I know is WE BET NOT have to pay for this new/alternate ending because that’s when the isht will hit the fan!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...