Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Greed Corner

“For the Love of Money” by the O’Jays is a classic and has been used in popular culture from TV shows to movies, but as of recently it should be the theme song for the video game industry.  Now I know, all I’ve talked about is how much I love video games and that much hasn’t changed (and never will), but I will ALWAYS be transparent with my thoughts. 

So Mass Effect 3 just came out on March 6, 2012, and so far it’s been an amazing experience, but upon picking up the game I was asked if I wanted to buy the new DLC, “From Ashes” for $10.  The guy at Gamestop broke down everything that would come with the DLC (new Prothean character w/ mission, alternate attires, and Particle rifle) and knowing that once my wife reads this she will kill me, I bought it without a second thought. 

Worth $10 extra???
Now that I’ve played through this mission and used Javic on numerous missions, I came to two conclusions; Javic is effin awesome and how in the blue bloody hell can BioWare justify charging an additional $10 for something that should be on the disc from the start.  This isn’t like Zaiid or Kasumi from Mass Effect 2, Javic (albeit a new character) being of the Prothean race has been featured heavily throughout the entire series, so why wouldn’t BioWare just add this amazingly crafted story into the main disc, I’ll tell you why “For the Love of Money!”  Yes, ME3 is a very complete game without the addition of Javic, but that’s only if you didn’t know any better.  After playing through the game, I can not imagine the game being complete without the addition of the Prothean.  I’m sure that can be construed into a compliment, but it’s as far removed from being complimentary as possible.  I’m not completely against the Day 1 DLC when it’s done properly (or as a pre-order bonus); but “From Ashes,” amazing experience aside, was BioWare forcing gamers to pay $70 bucks for the proper ME3 experience.


JUDO CHOP!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...