Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Supernatural: The Video Game

Today on the Gamedom, we’re gonna debut something a little different.  So every time I watch TV now, I’m always tying different elements together to see if it would make a viable video game.  Now of course I don’t have any delusions of being a game designer, but we’re going to use our IMAGINATION for this one.  So for today’s feature, we’re going to discuss Supernatural: The “imaginary” Video Game and construct our ideal game.  Now with all licensed products it’s always a HUGE chance that the game will suck royally, but with the right party behind it…magic can happen!

Sound off and let me know what TV shows, movies, or books would you make into a video game.



So as far as developer goes, my vote goes to Remedy Entertainment who is best known for Max Payne (1 and 2) and the Alan Wake series.

Sam and Dean Winchester have been two of my favorite TV characters for quite some time now; and with both Sam and Dean being such flawed characters, Remedy would be right at home after dealing with Max Payne and all of his (ongoing) issues.  Not only has Remedy dealt with the extremes of Max Payne, they’ve also scared gamers with their creepy title Alan Wake.  Like I've mentioned before, I don't do horror, but I gave Alan Wake a try...I walked around my house with a flashlight for a week, but I did enjoy my short play time with the game.  Also, if you’ve played Alan Wake you know that it’s set up with an episodic format with each episode ending in a cliffhanger. 


I can see Supernatural working best be as a 3rd person shooter with drop in/drop out co-op both locally and online.  Just imagine each mission starting out in a seedy hotel room with the boys investigating the suspicious activity going on in the town.  How cool would it be for that investigation to actually help or hurt the upcoming mission?  If you’ve done your research right, you’ll be fully prepared to kick some ass, but if not you may go into battle less than prepared.  With a show so steeped in actual lore, Remedy would have a field day with current monsters already featured in Supernatural’s world.


So with Supernatural approaching season 8 (October 3rd), it may be in Remedy’s best interest to have its main characters be some one other than the Winchester boys.  Now bare with me here, it would be pretty awesome to play as Sam and/or Dean, but what if thru their travels they come across a duo of younger hunters whom Bobby helped train.  Bringing in new hunters would give Remedy a chance to create their own back-story and that way they wouldn’t have to worry about leaning on the pre-existing dynamics between Sam and Dean i.e. “Demon Blood” Sam, “Soulless Sam, or “Devil Whisperer” Sam. 

The only thing that I require is..."Carry On My Wayward Son!"



2 comments:

  1. Madden 13 son!!!! Killin with the Patriots. I put Jeff Demps (Gators) at Starting HB. 98 speed. Brady airs it out all day to Gronkowski, Hernandez, BLoyd, Welker, etc. Then when my opponent least expects it ----- TOSS TO DEMPS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...