Thursday, August 23, 2012

Et tu, Redbox?

I’ve got to get this off my chest…F*CK YOU BLOCKBUSTER!  Seems pretty harsh, but because of them and their terrible business model, I’m stuck renting games from Redbox and Gamefly.  I’m happy I still have an option to rent games, but I was a STRONG Blockbuster supporter, so much so that they knew me by name. For me, I subscribed to their Game Pass option for $14.99 a month and was able to rent 1 game out at a time which meant I was playing a new game almost every week.  Now I’m stuck with the ugly girls at the party because all the hot girls dropped out.  For some this might not seem like a big deal, but in a span of three years I’ve had a total of five Blockbusters close on me within a 5 mile radius (and two within 3 miles of my job). 

This is like getting superkicked through a glass window or fumbling the ball on the two yard line, only that it continues to happen Groundhog Day style.  The funny thing is that for the last six months, I’ve been dealing with Gamefly and Redbox without a care in the world…that is until I rented Max Payne 3 from Redbox.  So when I rent the game it says “Disc 1 only” and like a big dummy I just assumed that Disc 2 was for multiplayer, but NO once you hit Chapter 6 it’s time to switch to Disc 2! 


I sat silent for awhile before letting out a bloodcurdling obscenity that I’m sure my boys could hear outside.  Why in the blue bloody hell does Redbox think this is smart?!?  So even though I have Max Payne 3 at the top of my queue for Gamefly, I know I won’t be seeing it for quite some time.  I just received The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings last week (luckily I got both disks) but The Witcher came out in April so it only took four months to receive my #2 ranked game.  I’m just not sure that is worth the $17 investment, when I can’t even come close to getting the games I really want.  I know I’m one of the few who actually loved Blockbuster so a lot of my ranting may be falling on deaf ears, but damn I miss the good ole days when I could just stroll into the store and pick what game I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...