Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Nightmare on 360 Street

So I woke up this morning, thinking I would get a quick game of NCAA Football in before work, but to my dismay when I pressed the X guide button I got no power from the 360!  I’ve had this happen before but it usually just meant that the power cord has come loose and a quick jiggle would give me power.  But today was different, not only did I jiggle the cord, but I unplugged everything numerous times with no power.  Normally, I wouldn’t trip on this but for anyone who drives or has driven a hooptie knows that any small problem can turn into a big problem quickly. Given Microsoft’s history with hoopties, I was afraid I was experiencing a new issue with my Xbox.  By now everyone is aware of the “Red Ring of Death;” which I’ve had 4 different times, but I’ve also had my disk drive stick, and the laser head died off completely. 

www.dorkly.com

Now fortunately, I was able to get power back to my Xbox and I haven’t had any issues since, but the thought of being a Wii-only player for an extended amount of time scared the shit out of me. 
And for me that is no bueno.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...