Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Changing TV into games...I know I'm not the only one.

So I’ve been told many times, on numerous occasions that I have problems (mostly by my wife) and honestly it’s true.  Last night, I was blankly staring in the direction of the TV and noticed that Beauty and the Beast was abusing my retinas; so instead of changing the channel I just started to imagine it was a video game. I know, I know I have problems!  I might be the only person who does this, but I find myself engaged in a lot of TV shows with the mindset that BioWare or Telltale Games has created a diagram tree tailored for personal viewing.  


This quirk, or whatever you want to call it, also had me thinking about what shows (Supernatural duh) have the potential to make a really awesome game.  I know it’s weird, but I’ve already admitted to having problems; however, doing this can make even the worst show more intriguing.  Remember in Mass Effect, when your dialogue choices would determine the fate of one of your squadmates, no? You’ve never played the original Mass Effect?  Well, let’s assume that you have (or view this) and apply that same tension and quick decision making to regular TV and you’ve got a great night in store.  Granted the majority of your enjoyment is coming from imaginary decisions made, but who cares!  Next time you’re stuck watching some awful show, try this out and I guarandamntee that you’ll enjoy whatever crap is on immensely more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...